Sunday, August 8, 2010

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting - Best of UFC ...

James Kimball ( ): Before we talk about you and your fight with Thiago Alves, I want to get your take on some of your teammates at American Kickboxing Academy (AKA). He is of course set to fight for the UFC heavyweight title against Brock Lesnar in October at UFC 121. But Cain is a more complete fighter and he's gonna be able to use his well rounded-ness to win that fight. I think it will be back and forth for the first couple of rounds, but I see Cain pulling away later on in the fight. I think the fight will probably take place everywhere. But Cain has a lot more avenues to win this fight than Brock does. Of course he's not gonna be fighting for any titles soon. You're obviously very familiar with both men, talk about how you see that fight playing out. It could turn into a stand up fight since both guys have such great wrestling. My fight with Georges was kind of a stand up fight because I was able to stop some if his takedowns and I think Josh will be able to do the same. I see most of the fight taking place on the feet. I'd love to fight Georges in a non-title fight just because I want to get that loss off my record. To move up to 185, you'd likely have to win a couple fights against some of the big dogs to gain that same status. Really, it's just an answer to the question of fighting my teammates that I'm tired of being asked. You're 12-1 in the UFC and won an amazing eight straight fights a couple years back. It's easy to get caught up in all the talk outside of actual fighting. You've recently come under some criticism for not being able to finish your opponents as well as your wresting style, which doesn't always lead to the most exciting fight. It's been a big focus of mine to finish fights to get another title shot. The fight was first supposed to happen at UFC 107, then UFC 111, then UFC 115, now it's finally here. We all know the fight had to be delayed several times because of Alves' medical issue, but how did that affect you? I was worried that they were gonna have the fight on my wedding day, and of course that would be an issue. Working on my game plan and strategy for this fight for that long has really kind of worked out to my advantage. We asked them if we could have a backup fight ready or at least just guarantee that I was on the Oakland card. Then we finally got the guarantee from Joe Silva that I would be fighting on this card. It's a struggle as a fighter not knowing when your next fight is because you can't travel and do other things like appearances to make money when you don't event know when your camp is gonna be. James Kimball ( What's it gonna be like fighting in Oakland, so close to wear you live in San Jose? I think I'm the only Bay Area guy fighting on the card. James Kimball ( I gotta get your take on a strange but cool coincidence, I think, that took form on this fight card. Obviously it's something us Internet folk get excited for, but is it something that fighters talk about or even notice? [Laughs] James Kimball ( I think I already know the answer to this, but let me ask it anyway. Is there anything you're taking from your first fight with Alves four years ago into the rematch? Is there anything you can take from Alves' last fight against Georges St. Pierre where he was outwrestled for five rounds? But yeah, I will say there are definitely fights in his past that I've watched that show me a fairly clear path to victory and I plan on implementing those aspects into my game plan. James Kimball ( Ok, let's wrap this up with a friendly prediction on how the fight is going to play out. It's gonna be an incredible fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home